Simple instructions on how to link to a room with the Yaesu FT-3D:
- Key the mic and announce your callsign, then push the Wires-X button.
You will notice your radio transmits a command to connect to the repeater,
while the X symbol flashes on the upper right.
- Once the radio handshakes with the repeater, a new screen will come up on your radio:
You should have a default room on the bottom flashing, indicating that you are not yet connected.
- You can then click on the Search & Direct button on your screen to search or scroll through a list of the available rooms.
- When you find a room you'd like to connect to, click on the room and it will connect.
- Listen first. If nothing heard, then key your radio and make some new friends.
- Remember to key up and give it 2-3 seconds before you start talking.
- When done, please be sure to disconnect from the room you were using by pushing and holding the Band button.
A prompt should come up indicating Not Connected and the room name on the bottom should be flashing.
- From here you can push and hold the X button to exit the Wires-X mode.
This excerpt copied from https://radiooregon.wordpress.com/fusion/